OK, Western North Carolina runners, how many shirts can you really wear (or rationalize storing in your closet or dresser)? Here’s a great opportunity to give some of those race t-shirts to a worthy cause. I’ve run more than 25 races each of the past few years and have a stack or never-worn or seldom-worn shirts that I’ll bring along and donate at the Superhero 5k Race in downtown Asheville this afternoon.
Asheville Track Club member John Quigley’s community service project, “Share the Shirt Off Your Back,” has collected nearly a thousand race shirts, which will be donated to a relief group called San Juan Rio Relief in Nicaragua. To donate, take your clean, good condition race T-shirts to any of the following locations by November 20, 2010:
- Jus’ Running – 523 Merrimon Avenue, Asheville
- Foot Rx Running – 63 Turtle Creek Drive, Asheville
- Training Partners – 863 Merrimon Avenue, Asheville
- St. Eugene Catholic Church – 72 Culvern Street, Asheville
- At the Superhero 5k Race on November 13, 2010
- At the Asheville Track Club meeting at Coleman Place at 6:00 PM on November 15, 2010