The Rock to Rock Trail Run starts at 5 PM and is part of the Mountain Sports Festival and benefits the Pisgah Center. It’s also part of the new Jus’ Running Brooks Trail Triplicity Series. I ran this race once and can attest to the fact that it is beautiful and humbling. If you’re taking this on, make sure you’ve had your Wheaties and plenty of rest. Some notes from the race organizers:
- This is a technical and demanding course.
- A good estimate is to add about 60% on to your usual 10k time.
- You will not be able to run the entire course.
- There will be a single water station at the high point (Eden Rock)…roughly 3.5 miles into the course.
- Roots, rocks, downed trees, low limbs and very steep terrain are just some of the challenges…but the rewards are some sweet single track and an unmatched view off Eden rock…You will be amazed to be only minutes from I-40 and feel so remote.